Shhhhh. If you listen closely, you can hear Ronald Reagan rolling over in his grave as the Republican-led Congress allows Russia a hand in determining who will be President of the United States of America.
Here is what we know:
1. The U.S. intelligence community has concluded that the highest ranks of the Russian government directed cyber attacks into our election process with the aim of tipping the election in Trump's favor.
2. Trump has repeatedly contradicted himself on whether he has a relationship with Putin. Watch for yourself.
4. Trump loves to compliment Putin while dissing our own government.
5. For Secretary of State, Trump recently picked Rex Tillerson, who is very cozy with Russia.
6. We don’t know anything about Trump’s ties with Russia. He still hasn’t released his tax returns and refuses to disclose his financial information. He also bailed on his press conference about his finances last week because he was "busy". (Maybe he’s too busy on his his multi-state 'thank you' tour?)
On December 15th, Representative Stephen Lynch (D-Mass), a senior Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, sent a letter to Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) requesting a bi-partisan open investigation into Russia’s election interference.
All-of-us must join Rep. Lynch.
2. If your Representative has not (and does not plan to) make a public statement in support of the bi-partisan open investigation contact (call/email/message) your local media outlets and ask them to cover this important issue.
3. Share what you learned about your Representative's position with your friends and colleagues, and blast on social media.